The Long White Cloud - Summer 2021
The Long White Cloud – Summer 2021
Delve into the scenic delights of New Zealand with a small group of explorers. Combine natural beauty with creature comforts as you overnight in the rainforests of Fiordland National Park, immerse yourself in the era of Art Deco in Napier, and journey south to the highland city of Dunedin. Experience the country in the best possible way – discover Milford Sound on a nature cruise, explore the magical Glowworm Grotto and gain an insight in Maori culture with a unique Maori Hangi dinner and concert in Rotorua.
- Queenstown: Experience a first-class dining experience in one of Queenstown’s most popular and exclusive restaurants.
- Dunedin: Set in an old post office, this dinner is at Parcels Restaurant.
- Hawke’s Bay: Indulge in dinner with matching wines at Craggy Range Winery, one of the region’s world-famous wineries.
- Rotorua: Gather round for a feast of succulent meats and vegetables, cooked in a Hangi and prepared using the traditional Maori method of cooking over geothermal steam coming from the earth.
- Auckland: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with a former All Black rugby player. You’ll be regaled with fascinating stories about his time spent on a champion team.
- Dining Summary: 18 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 13 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Christchurch: Journey on the iconic TranzAlpine Train.
- West Coast: Visit the coastal town of Hokitika, find out about its local history and meet a local jade carver.
- Franz Josef Glacier: Experience the impressiveness of this mighty natural wonder.
- Haast River: Enjoy a fully enclosed jet boat ride down the Haast River.
- Makarora: Take part in an orientation in Makarora and hear about the beauty of this town.
- Milford Sound: Enjoy a taste of the world-famous Milford Track with a guided walk. Your nature guide will point out the native fauna and flora and share the fascinating human heritage of the track.
- Dunedin: Emerson’s Brewery Tour – Be taken through every step of the brew process, from the malt room, to the fermentation, bottling, and most importantly, tasting.
- Christchurch: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the vibrant city of Christchurch.
- Wellington: Take a cruise on Queen Charlotte Sound to cross Cook Strait.
- Wellington: See the sights of New Zealand’s capital during your orientation.
- Napier: Take a guided tour of the Art Deco city of Napier in a vintage car.
- Hawke’s Bay: Take your morning of leisure to explore the beautiful area of Hawke’s Bay.
- Rotorua: Learn about the city of Rotorua when you embark on a sightseeing tour.
- Rotorua: Visit the Rainbow Springs Nature Park to see a working kiwi nursery and hatchery and learn more about the conservation of this national creature.
- Rotorua: During your visit to Redwoods – The TreeWalk, enjoy the unique perspective from 12 metres above the ground.
- Rotorua: Experience volcanic crater lakes, hot springs, geothermal features, rare and unusual plant life and brilliantly coloured micro biology.
- Waitomo: Discover the native glowworms, fascinating, bright creatures of Footwhistle Cave, with your Local Expert.
- Auckland: Enjoy a sightseeing tour around the city of Auckland.
- Franz Josef: Surrounded by natural rainforest on New Zealand’s West Coast, Te Waonui Forest Retreat is a short drive from Franz Josef Glacier. With a natural, earthy ambience and attentive service, there’s no better place to take a deep breath and simply unwind. This five-star retreat offers luxuriously appointed rooms which include organic cotton bed sheets, pillow menu and large private bathrooms.
- Wellington: Forming part of an exclusive collection of luxury hotels, the vintage-inspired Sofitel Wellington places you in the heart of the city near lush botanical gardens, stately parliamentary buildings and a collection of museums.
- Hawke’s Bay: Porters Boutique Hotel is a privately owned, boutique hotel that delivers a luxurious experience.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight.
Welcome to Christchurch.
Christchurch to Franz Josef.
The Mighty Franz Josef Glacier.
Romantic Arrowtown and on to Queenstown.
Queenstown Your Way.
Queenstown at leisure.
Queenstown to Milford Sound.
Milford Track Walk and Milford Sound Cruise.
Milford Sound to Dunedin.
Brewery Tour and Dunedin at leisure.
Dunedin to Christchurch.
Christchurch to Wellington.
Wellington at leisure.
Wellington to Hawke's Bay.
The Sights of Rotorua.
Waitomo and Auckland.